We love a good cocktail, but we don’t love getting stuck behind the bar. Mixing and measuring, shaking and stirring – one ounce at at a time … who wants to do that!?
We decided to combine our love of margaritas with our love of being lazy, and figured out our perfect combination for pitchers of margaritas! You know what they say … measure twice, make once.
Related: Awesome Ready-to-Drink Cocktails
Big Batch Margaritas
serves 12 (unless you’re our marg-loving mom – than it serves 4)
What You Need
- 2 cups white/silver tequila
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 3/4 cup simple syrup*
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed limed juice (about 10-12 limes)
- 1/4 cup Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
What You Do
- Wash limes and zest enough to make a tablespoon. Juice the limes (this is tedious, but necessary. Don’t skimp and use the fake stuff.)
- Mix lime juice, tequila, Triple Sec, simple syrup in a large pitcher
- Fill a large shaker with ice (or two smaller ones) and pour margaritas into shaker(s)
- Shake vigorously, and strain margarita back into pitcher. Do not add ice.
- (You can let the marg sit for a few hours or overnight, but why would you do that?)
- Mix salt with lime zest.
- Rim rocks glasses with a fresh cut lime, and dip into salt mixture.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour in margarita.
- Find a hammock, grab your pitcher and relax.
*How to Make Simple Syrup
Combine equal parts sugar and water in a pot, bring to a simmer and heat until sugar dissolves. Syrup can last easily a month (and probably way longer) in the fridge, but for legalities sake, let’s just say use it up within two weeks.